Monday, October 19, 2009

Ottawa animation festival

I was out from my film to Ottawa animation festival. Needless to say how I enjoyed it. 3 days made me completely alienated from the work. Meeting people, chating, watching films.
The workshop organised by NFB on stereoscopy was packed. So were the screenings on NFB stereofilms, including "Tower Bawher" stereo remix and "Drux Flux".
This Year, as I work on a film, was quite a difficult for me to watch more films - but at least I was making 2 screenings a day. My jewels this year - Frederick Tremblay's "The Drawer and the Craw" (the male equivalent of Nathalie Djurberg, but more melancholical, and deep, quite surprisingly.). Bruce Alcock "Vive la rose". David O'Reilly "Please say something".Eric Dyer "The Bellows March". And, of course, my favourite feature animation film, $9.99. Some of the films won, the others - no. But this is not important. It is a fest! And the festivals is to make people happy, and make them think. It seems this is the only way to be better humans, and not to loose our basic communication skills somewhere on the wire. A kiss is still better in the real life, than on the net. So it will be.

1 comment:

  1. Here, here! I thoroughly agree.

    Nice seeing you Theodore-- i'm sorry we didn't get more time to chat, but even a little is good. I hope we meet again soon!

    p.s. I watched Tower Bawher in 3D at the festival. Still one of my all time favourites.

    ReplyDelete